Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hey! Where'd my job go!

I don't like to rush in to anything so I thought I make my first posting of 2009. Being the Most Boring Person Ever, I really don't have that much to say.

Anyway, as of 1/9/09, I found myself unemployed. When you work at a web start-up you are totally delusional if you don't expect to be laid off every day. Sadly, my day came up. I was working for some pals. My boss was more upset about it than I was. He's a softy.

My big lesson was taking a month off turned my brain into mush. I was surprised by how quickly I was losing my edge. When I started some contract work it hit me like a sledgehammer. So now my neck hurts. But I'm getting smarter again.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. The small company I worked at was bought 1/2/2009 (which was my 10 year aniv date) and I was out the door.

    So I'm self employed again and not doing so bad at it. Good luck as a contractor.

    ReplyDelete